About Endel Ots
Endel has years of experience teaching all levels,
from beginners to adult amateurs, as well as working
with talented young horses, and establishing a
solid foundation for success.
BiographyOpen or Close
Originally from De Pere Wisconsin, Endel Ots is a dressage rider and trainer with quite a few notable accomplishments under his belt. Endel worked in the Chicago area for 8 years before accepting a training opportunity with Hubertus Schmidt in Germany. From there he went to Wellington, Fl and studied under Lars Petersen. In that time he was the Alternate for the Pan American Gold Medal Team for the United States. He now owns and operates his own training and sale business out of Wellington, FL.
He has numerous National awards, including USDF Prix St. Georges Horse of the Year in 2007 and USDF Intermediare I and Intermediare I Freestyle with scores over 75%. With numerous CDI wins, including the prestigious Dressage at Devon Intermediare I and Freestyle. In 2012, he was the Reserve Champion in the Developing Horse Grand Prix division at the United States Young Horse Championships, and was Champion in the same division in 2014. In 2015, Endel qualified two horses for the World Young Horse Championships in Verden, placing 11th in the five year old division with his own Lucky Strike. In 2016, Endel returned to the World Young Horse Championships to compete Lucky in the six year old division and then went on to win the United States Young Horse Championships Six Year Old division. He also competed and won the Small Tour division at the United States National Dressage Finals aboard Samhitas. He went on to have another successful year in 2017, winning the Reserve Champion title aboard Lucky Strike in the Developing Horse Prix St. Georges at the 2017 Markel/USEF Young & Developing Horse Grand Prix National Championships. Endel's successful track record is passed on to his students as well - Young Rider Bebe Davis won the individual gold medal at the 2017 Adequan/FEI North American Junior & Young Rider Dressage Championships, and Chase Hickok was the top scoring American rider in the 2017 FEI Nations Cup teams in Falsterbo, Sweden and in Hickstead, England.
Endel has years of experience teaching all levels, from beginners to adult amateurs. He coached his sister to a Bronze medal at the North American Junior Young Rider Championships, and to other top finishes at Gladstone. Endel has much experience working with talented young horses, and establishing a solid foundation for success.
AccomplishmentsOpen or Close
Endel is a USDF Bronze, Silver, and Gold medalist, and has finished multiple horses to Grand Prix. He was named the alternate for the US Dressage Team at the 2011 Pan Am Games. He also have numerous regional and national awards, including: 2008 wins at the Dressage at Devon CDI in Intermediare 1 and Intermediare 1 Freestyle; 2008 USDF Prix St. Georges Horse of the Year with Bentley; 2009 Region 2 Great American Regional Champion of Prix St. George, Intermediare I Freestyle on Playboy.
- Won the Reserve Champion title in the Developing Horse Prix St. Georges at the 2017 Markel/USEF Young & Developing Horse Grand Prix National Championships
- Coached student Chase Hickok to become the top scoring American rider in the 2017 FEI Nations Cup teams in Falsterbo, Sweden and in Hickstead, England
- Coached student Bebe Davis and Fiderhit OLD to win the individual gold medal at the 2017 Adequan/FEI North American Junior & Young Rider Dressage Championships
- Won 2016 United States Dressage Finals Prix St. Georges Championship aboard seven year old Samhitas, owned by Gary and Jeannie Vander Ploeg
- 2016 Competed at World Young Horse Championships in the Six Year Old division on Lucky Strike, owned by Endel and Max Ots
- 2016 Champion USEF Six Year Old division on Lucky Strike, owned by Endel and Max Ots
- Coached Bebe Davis to win 2016 United States Championship in the Young Rider division on Feivel Mousekewitz, owned by Michael Davis
- Coached Chase Hickok to win 2016 United States Dressage Finals Championship in the Grand Prix and Grand Prix Freestyle division on Sagacious HF, owned by Hyperion Farm
- 2015 Competed at World Young Horse Championships in the Six Year Old division on Samhitas, owned by Gary and Jeannie Vander Ploeg
- 2015 Placed 11th at the World Young Horse Championships in the Five Year Old division on Lucky Strike, owned by Endel and Max Ots
- 2014 Champion USEF Developing Horse Grand Prix Championship on Donatus, owned by Everglades Dressage
- 2012 Reserve Champion USEF Developing Horse Grand Prix Championship on Agastrofos, a 10-year-old Swedish Warmblood (by Briar X Nocturne) owned by Taunia and David Reed
TestimonialsOpen or CloseA LIFETIME’S KNOWLEDGE
I came to Endel as a trainer for my horse and he had him going beautifully within a month. I stayed on with Endel for another 8 months and gained a lifetime's knowledge of dressage during this time. Endel's passion for horses, strong work ethic and commitment to my education gave me the foundation I needed. He was extremely professional and communicated what I needed to improve in order to ride more effectively. I would recommend Endel to any dressage rider!!!JENNIFER LAWRENCE STRIVES FOR EXCELLENCE
Good training, riding, and competing are all traits you expect to find in a professional trainer, but Endel possesses these traits with astounding quality. A hard worker and extremely proficient and meticulous dressage competitor, Endel strives for excellence in each ride, lesson, and training session. His notable track record is proof of his dressage expertise. It is not often that you find such persistence in your trainer or learn something new each lesson, yet Endel excels at providing both for his students.YOUNG RIDER LAUREN GORTON WONDERFUL RIDER AND TEACHER
Endel Ots is a wonderful rider and teacher; I always looked forward to my lessons, even if I had to drive 1 hour each way. It was totally worth it! I wish he was still in Illinois!ADULT AMATEUR RIDER NICOLE PEPIN ELEGANT AND PRECISE RIDER
I have known Endel for a long time now and I find him to be a particularly elegant rider and very precise, which is the tradition of dressage. He has shown my horses in-hand as well as riding them. I admire his work ethic, honesty and responsibility. I so wish he were still in my area so he could continue to train my babies!CINDY CABA AMAZING TRAINER
Endel has always been an amazing trainer; he has always been there for me even when things were rough. He was my first dressage trainer and helped me when I didn't know a thing about dressage, now I'm riding at 3rd level.YOUNG RIDER JESSICA VALENTI GRACE AND EASE
Endel has handled my difficult, energized mare with such grace and ease. I loved watching you ride her. Best wishes for all of his endeavors & hope to use his talents again.JANET MALENS
Trained WithOpen or Close
Endel has trained with some of dressage’s top names including Danish Olympian Lars Petersen, as well as the masters Christoph Hess, Hubertus Schmidt, Christine Traurig, Johann Hinnemann, and Hans Heinrich Meyer zu Strohen.
Photo GalleryOpen or Close
VideosOpen or Close